High Quality, Bespoke, GRP Composite Georgian Style Front & Back Doors, Basildon
Georgian style architecture, which dates from between 1720 and 1840, could be described as having no nonsense designs with clean, classic and symmetrical lines. The external front doors on a Georgian property were typically smart, solid and panelled without decorative detail. They were surrounded by relief decoration such as columns topped by crown like shapes or entablatures, and a glazed fanlight was usually placed over the top of the door to let in light. Multi-paned and evenly positioned, Georgian windows complemented the doors and the rest of the building, although the 18th century window tax caused many to be blocked off! Cornices were used as an early form of guttering to defer rainwater as well as for their looks.
At Essex Trade Windows we have an excellent selection of GRP Composite Georgian style front and back doors for your home in Basildon. Composite doors present an excellent alternative to wood, even though its sometimes difficult to tell them apart. They appear and feel like a wood door, but are more affordable, thermally efficient, robust, weather resistant and maintenance free. Our door selector feature means you can play around and discover your perfect door solution.
Thermally Efficient, Strong & Secure Victorian Design GRP Composite Doors, Wickford, Essex
The middle to the late 19th century, saw the Victorian era which encompassed a range of architectural styles including Classicism, Neo-Renaissance, Gothic and Queen Anne. Perhaps similar to Georgian designs, the classical look involved symmetry with pillars, columns and pediments around the front door. Victorian façades also featured attractive plasterwork known as stucco. Neo-Renaissance or Italianate styles were based around 16th century Italian architecture and emulated villas or small inner city mansions. These could be more asymmetrical and informal clearing the way for the emergence of the Gothic style, widely associated with the Victorians.
Buildings of this time saw asymmetric designs and pointed arches above doors and windows reaching for the sky. Later in the Victorian era came the sweeping stone steps, carved stone doorways, fancy cornerstones and triangular pediments of the Queen Anne fashion. Many Victorian terraces were built for the workers during the industrial revolution, although were not as elaborate as for the middle class and rich. Our GRP Composite doors come in a wide variety of designs and styles including Victorian front doors, with or without glazing. They represent excellent value for money and will enhance your home in parts of Essex like Wickford.
Lots to do in Essex Parks, Basildon including Sports & Country Walks
Most towns need their green spaces, and Basildon in Essex is no exception, its largest park being Gloucester Park. The park covers 250 acres, and is the place many people head to in their leisure time. In the north of the park is an impressive sports facility called Basildon Sporting Village, where visitors can swim in the 50m swimming pool and play all kinds of indoor sports. On site is a gymnastics centre, climbing wall, multi purpose studio, sports hall and of course a café to catch your breath!. There is even more fun to be had outdoors, with attractions which include six floodlit five-a-side artificial pitches, twelve national standard netball courts an athletics stadium, cricket and football pitches and a fishing lake. The exciting and free, yearly music and arts festival, Basfest draws people from all over Essex, Kent and East London.
Residents of Basildon can also enjoy a variety of countryside walks with over 450 acres of Nature Trail beginning at Dunton Hills, and finishing in Willow Park. Or they may head to Langdon Hills Country park to experience breathtaking landscape views. Another choice is Wat Tyler Country Park in Pitsea, providing a special day out with gorgeous unspoilt greenery, an adventure playground, sculpture trail, Tudor houses, marina, art and craft shops and a miniature railway.
Family Days Out in and Around Wickford, EssexWickford was once a Saxon village, so named as the Saxon term for winding river was Wick, and ford means river crossing, thus the meaning of the name Wickford is a crossing over a winding river. Up until the railway arrived in the 1880’s, Wickford like many other areas of the UK was a quiet farming village. The arrival of trains and Wickford’s location and easy access to the city of London, meant a transformation into a commuter town. The Wick Country Park in Wickford, was created in 2005, and is maintained and very actively promoted by a group of volunteers. The fields associated with the park belonged to Fanton Hall Manor and were used to graze cattle until the 1950’s.
If you have children to entertain, you will be delighted to discover Rayleigh Mount near Wickford, where a motte and bailey castle used to stand. This castle was unique in that it is actually the only castle in Essex to be mentioned in the Doomsday book in 1070. The site is now a haven for numerous forms of wildlife, and offers sweeping views across Essex. Pleasurable pastimes abound here, with guided walks, outdoor performances, historical exhibitions at Rayleigh Windmill and a wonderful sensory garden.
High Quality, Bespoke Georgian Style Front & Back Doors, Basildon. Thermally Efficient, Strong & Secure Victorian Design GRP Composite Doors, Wickford, Essex. Exterior Doors, Wickford, Range of Colours, Secure By Design Specification, Maintenance Free, Long Life Entrance Doors & Yale KeyFree Locks. Essex Parks, Basildon including Sports & Country Walks, Family Days Out in and Around Wickford, Essex
Basildon | Wickford | Billericay | Brentwood | Southend | Chelmsford | Canvey Island | South Benfleet | Ongar | Grays | Tilbury | Dartford | Gravesend | Gillingham | Kent | Maidstone | Tunbridge Wells | Tonbridge | Rochester | Chatham | Canterbury | Ashford | Sittingbourne | Orpington | Essex | Colchester | Braintree | Ipswich | Harwich | Bishop’s Stortford | Harlow | Cambridge | Hertford | Waltham Abbey | Hoddesden | Cheshunt | Chigwell
- ‘A’ Rated, Energy Efficient, Double Glazed Windows & Doors, Billericay & Chelmsford
- Astragal Proud Standing Georgian Bars from Manufacturers of Energy Efficient Double Glazed Windows in Ipswich, Thetford & Newmarket
- Coloured UPVC Windows and Door Frames for Tonbridge, Sevenoaks & Rochester – Kent
- Double Glazed Windows and Double Glazing Supply Only to the Trade in Stanford le Hope & Upminster, Essex
- Double Glazed Windows, and Double Glazing Sales to the Trade in Tilbury & Grays, Essex
- Double Glazing – Ashford, Rochester, Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge, Sittingbourne, Orpington
- Double Glazing Essex & Suffolk
- Double Glazing – Bishops Stortford, Harlow, Cambridge
- Essex Trade Windows in Maldon, Danbury, Ingatestone & Chelmsford
- Fully Sculptured Window System Manufacturers, Astragal Proud Standing Georgian Bars for Double Glazed Windows in Chelmsford, Colchester & Braintree
- GRP Composite Doors in Chelmsford, Upminster & Brentwood
- GRP Composite Replacement Doors, Warp & Fade Resistant, Maintenance Free, Essex
- High Quality, Bespoke, GRP Composite Georgian Style Front & Back Doors, Basildon
- High Quality, Maintenance Free, Exterior Front & Back Doors, Billericay
- High Quality, Maintenance Free, Replacement Double Glazed Windows & Doors, Billericay
- Keyfree Locks for Norfolk, Suffolk & Essex
- Manufacturers & Installers of High Quality Grey & Black UPVC Windows & Doors in Billericay, Upminster & Epping.
- Manufacturers of Fully Sculptured Windows, Astragal Multi-Pane Georgian Bars for UPVC Double Glazed Windows in Billericay, Epping & Upminster
- PVCu & GRP Composite Doors in Billericay, Canvey Island & Grays
- PVCu Double Glazed Windows in Billericay & Wickford
- PVCu Double Glazed Windows in Canvey Island & Grays, Essex
- Quality Double Glazed Window Systems, Professionally Installed UPVC Windows, Billericay, Essex
- Replacement Double Glazed, Energy Efficient Window & Door Installation Contractors, Wickford
- Replacement Double Glazing in Chingford & Woodford
- Replacement Double Glazing UPVC Double Glazed Windows
- The Earliest Windows, Replacement Windows, Chingford, Essex
- Thermally Efficient Sliding & Standard Patio Doors, Wickford & Upminster
- Triple Glazed Windows for Brentwood Billericay & Chelmsford, Essex
- Triple Glazed Windows for Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex & Kent
- UPVC Doors – Chelmsford
- UPVC Double Glazed Windows & Composite Doors – Epping & Upminster
- UPVC Double Glazed Windows & Doors – Billericay & Brentwood
- UPVC Double Glazed Windows in the Hertfordshire area