The Earliest Windows, Replacement Windows, Chingford, Essex
It occurs to you when observing the smart, functional double glazing in places like Chingford, Essex, that we have come a long way since fashioning a simple hole in the wall of our humble abodes. These were required to let in the light and look for enemies approaching in those days, but unfortunately they also let in wind, rain and arrows! In order to solve some of the issues with these early windows, our ancestors would use animal hide, cloth or even wood to stay protected from the weather. This would also provide a modicum of warmth and keep the interior relatively dry, and eventually wooden shutters emerged with the ability to be opened and closed. Once closed however, light was more or less blocked leaving the interior dark which prompted people to search for an effective solution.
Before the ground breaking invention of glass, various ingenious ideas were tried to stop rain etc entering the home and allow light to enter. These included the placing of things like flattened, translucent animal horn, paper and thinly sliced marble. When glass arrived it was accompanied by the Romans of course, who used glass to form their windows in the middle of the first century. The late 17th century saw the widespread use of glass windows throughout England, as the price reduced and more people were able to afford them.
UPVC Double Glazed Windows, Energy Efficient Windows, Woodford, Essex
The affordability of windows ultimately led to many styles of being designed including casement, sash, tilt and turn to name but a few. As the years went by developments meant that glass could be formed in large sheets, rather than small panes. Single glazing was the only type of glazing across the board, and it wasn’t until the 1950’s in America that double glazing became commonplace. Modern double glazed windows are extremely energy efficient, meaning reduced fuel bills as well as a smaller carbon footprint. They are constructed using two panes of glass, separated by a spacer bar and seals. The cavity created forms a vacuum which is then filled with air or an inert gas such as argon. This is an effective way of preventing condensation within the unit while boosting insulation, as air and inert gas block heat transfer.
Today’s double glazing in areas of Essex like Woodford, is exceptionally superior providing increased warmth, less drafts, lower bills, minimal condensation and reduced noise. Double glazed windows are also highly secure, resistant to breakage and with good quality products feature state of the art locking systems.
Replacement UPVC Double Glazed Windows Chingford & Woodford
It is important, especially here in the UK for our windows to offer protection from our sometimes extreme, variable weather. Whatever weather conditions are regularly thrown at us, our double glazing is expected to cope and help us to feel cozy and sheltered. During torrential downpours your windows should not let in the slightest breeze or even a single drop of rain. If they do you need to check that they are closed properly and if so, may have to consider replacement double glazing.
When choosing a double glazing company in Chingford or Woodford, the Fenestration Self-Assessment Scheme [FENSA] recommend seeking out a company that is FENSA registered. In this way you can be sure that the work carried out will conform to local building control standards. You will also own the correct documentation should you come to eventually sell your home.
Historic Buildings Chingford, William Morris Stained Glass Woodford, Essex
Chingford in Essex is known for the historic structure which is Queen Elizabeth’s Hunting Lodge, built in the 16th century. This is one of only a few of Chingford’s older buildings which have survived to the present day. Built by Henry VIII, the Tudor hunting lodge served as a stand for watching this popular pastime, and the staircase is extra wide as Henry had to be carried up it. The deer were kept near to the lodge so that the King could shoot them from his chair inside the building. The lodge has undergone a few visual changes over the years and currently sports a thick limewash exterior. Visitors to the lodge can now view exhibits, dress in authentic costume and experience the look [although not the taste] of an Elizabethan banquet table.
Woodford Hall in Woodford was for a while the home of the textile designer and lover of architecture, William Morris who was fascinated by the hunting lodge at Chingford. Throughout the Victorian period, William Morris became renowned for his beautifully designed tapestries, wallpaper, fabrics, furniture and stained glass windows.
The Earliest Windows, Replacement Windows, Chingford, Essex, UPVC Double Glazed Windows, Energy Efficient Windows, Woodford, Essex. Replacement UPVC Double Glazed Windows Chingford & Woodford, Historic Buildings Chingford, William Morris Stained Glass Woodford, Essex
Chingford | Woodford | Billericay | Chelmsford | Epping | Upminster | Basildon | Brentwood | Southend | Chelmsford | Wickford | Canvey Island | South Benfleet | Ongar | Grays | Tilbury | Dartford | Gravesend | Gillingham | Kent | Maidstone | Tunbridge Wells | Tonbridge | Rochester | Chatham | Canterbury | Ashford | Sittingbourne | Orpington | Essex | Colchester | Braintree | Ipswich | Harwich | Bishop’s Stortford | Harlow | Cambridge | Hertford | Waltham Abbey | Hoddesden | Cheshunt
- ‘A’ Rated, Energy Efficient, Double Glazed Windows & Doors, Billericay & Chelmsford
- Astragal Proud Standing Georgian Bars from Manufacturers of Energy Efficient Double Glazed Windows in Ipswich, Thetford & Newmarket
- Coloured UPVC Windows and Door Frames for Tonbridge, Sevenoaks & Rochester – Kent
- Double Glazed Windows and Double Glazing Supply Only to the Trade in Stanford le Hope & Upminster, Essex
- Double Glazed Windows, and Double Glazing Sales to the Trade in Tilbury & Grays, Essex
- Double Glazing – Ashford, Rochester, Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge, Sittingbourne, Orpington
- Double Glazing Essex & Suffolk
- Double Glazing – Bishops Stortford, Harlow, Cambridge
- Essex Trade Windows in Maldon, Danbury, Ingatestone & Chelmsford
- Fully Sculptured Window System Manufacturers, Astragal Proud Standing Georgian Bars for Double Glazed Windows in Chelmsford, Colchester & Braintree
- GRP Composite Doors in Chelmsford, Upminster & Brentwood
- GRP Composite Replacement Doors, Warp & Fade Resistant, Maintenance Free, Essex
- High Quality, Bespoke, GRP Composite Georgian Style Front & Back Doors, Basildon
- High Quality, Maintenance Free, Exterior Front & Back Doors, Billericay
- High Quality, Maintenance Free, Replacement Double Glazed Windows & Doors, Billericay
- Keyfree Locks for Norfolk, Suffolk & Essex
- Manufacturers & Installers of High Quality Grey & Black UPVC Windows & Doors in Billericay, Upminster & Epping.
- Manufacturers of Fully Sculptured Windows, Astragal Multi-Pane Georgian Bars for UPVC Double Glazed Windows in Billericay, Epping & Upminster
- PVCu & GRP Composite Doors in Billericay, Canvey Island & Grays
- PVCu Double Glazed Windows in Billericay & Wickford
- PVCu Double Glazed Windows in Canvey Island & Grays, Essex
- Quality Double Glazed Window Systems, Professionally Installed UPVC Windows, Billericay, Essex
- Replacement Double Glazed, Energy Efficient Window & Door Installation Contractors, Wickford
- Replacement Double Glazing in Chingford & Woodford
- Replacement Double Glazing UPVC Double Glazed Windows
- The Earliest Windows, Replacement Windows, Chingford, Essex
- Thermally Efficient Sliding & Standard Patio Doors, Wickford & Upminster
- Triple Glazed Windows for Brentwood Billericay & Chelmsford, Essex
- Triple Glazed Windows for Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex & Kent
- UPVC Doors – Chelmsford
- UPVC Double Glazed Windows & Composite Doors – Epping & Upminster
- UPVC Double Glazed Windows & Doors – Billericay & Brentwood
- UPVC Double Glazed Windows in the Hertfordshire area