UPVC Doors – Chelmsford
Reinforced UPVC Doors Deter Burglars
Although the outer surfaces are UPVC (rigid plastic), UPVC doors have a core of galvanised steel, making them extremely difficult to break down. Also, UPVC doors cannot be forced like wooden doors. Savvy burglars know about the intrinsic strength of UPVC doors and so will normally search out easier targets.
Despite these advantages over wooden doors, it is still vitally important to have a good quality locking system on your UPVC door. See below for details.
UPVC Doors – Profile Thickness
Nearly all UPVC doors have a steel reinforced core, but the thickness of the UPVC profile can differ greatly from one supplier to another. The outer wall of our UPVC doors is 3mm thick. This compares with less than 2mm for some of our cheaper competitors, some of whom offer a door only 1.5mm thick
4 Chamber UPVC Doors.
If you look at an end section of a UPVC door you will see a number of cavities, forming a simple honeycomb effect. Our UPVC doors have 4 chambers, mainly to maximise the door’s thermal properties. In addition, the 4 chamber construction is stronger and more resistant to attempts to force it by burglars.
5 Point UPVC Door Multi-Locking Systems
Multipoint locks are popular in good quality UPVC doors. In essence, there are 5 locking points on Essex Trade Window’s UPVC doors, compared with 1 or 2 on a wooden door.
We use Safeware locks which have anti-lift protection designed – guarding against forced entry of the door. The Safeware 8 locks used on Essex Trade Windows’ UPVC doors have a linear compression bolt system. This has an easier operation and greater security than a conventional roller & bolt door lock
Chelmsford Cathedral, Prison & Modern Art
Chelmsford in the county of Essex, known as ‘Celmeresfort’ until 1189, is a thriving centre for business, especially now that it has been awarded city status as part of the Queens Diamond Jubilee celebrations. Chelmsford was the county town of Essex and contains a cathedral, a university, a crown court and a prison. Chelmsford cathedral was awarded Grade 1 listed building status due to facts such as its combination of medieval past, unusual Georgian additions and the addition of a Victorian extension. The cathedral benefited from a huge refurbishment in 1983 and also contains areas of modern art which add to its unique character.
The prison at Chelmsford became prominent around the time of the first witch trials in 1645, when 23 women were accused of witchcraft and tried there. As a result of witchfinder general Matthew Hopkins notorious activities many innocent women were pronounced as witches and put to death around that time. The prison in later years was used in the film version of ‘Porridge’, the sitcom with the late Ronnie Barker. This was possible as the prison was closed due to a fire.
Possible Birthplace of a Scot and University Campus, Chelmsford
Some historians claim that Robert the Bruce was born in Chelmsford in 1274. The exact location is said to be Writtle at Montpeliers Farm. Other historians disagree asserting that it is actually documented to be his father, also called Robert de Brus. Another school of thought believes that Robert the Bruce was born in Turnberry, Ayrshire
Chelmsford’s location in relation to London has aided its growth as an administration and distribution centre. Chelmsford is also the site of the Rivermead campus of the Anglia Ruskin University, within walking distance of the Chelmer Valley Local Nature Reserve and a ten minute walk from the city centre. There are also state of the art facilities at this modern campus, adding to its popularity.
UPVC External Doors Chelmsford. High Security UPVC Doors. Rigid Construction, 3mm Thick Profile for Greater Security. Steel Reinforced Doors and 5 Point Multi Locking Deters Burglars. Safeware 8 5 Point Multi Point Locking, Quality Secure Door Locks. Linear Compression Bolt System & Anti-lift Protection, Chelmsford, Basildon, Brentwood, Billericay, Wickford, Canvey Island, South Benfleet, Rayleigh, Southend, Ingatestone, Chelmsford, Ongar, Essex. Grays, Tilbury, Dartford, Gravesend, Gillingham, Kent, Maidstone, Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge, Rochester, Chatham, Canterbury, Ashford, Sittingbourne, Orpington, Colchester, Braintree, Ipswich, Harwich, Bishop’s Stortford, Harlow, Cambridge, Hertford, Waltham Abbey, Hoddesden, Cheshunt, Chigwell
Basildon | Brentwood | Southend | Chelmsford | Billericay | Wickford | Canvey Island | South Benfleet | Ongar | Grays | Tilbury | Dartford | Gravesend | Gillingham | Kent | Maidstone | Tunbridge Wells | Tonbridge | Rochester | Chatham | Canterbury | Ashford | Sittingbourne | Orpington | Essex | Colchester | Braintree | Ipswich | Harwich | Bishop’s Stortford | Harlow | Cambridge | Hertford | Waltham Abbey | Hoddesden | Cheshunt | Chigwell
- ‘A’ Rated, Energy Efficient, Double Glazed Windows & Doors, Billericay & Chelmsford
- Astragal Proud Standing Georgian Bars from Manufacturers of Energy Efficient Double Glazed Windows in Ipswich, Thetford & Newmarket
- Coloured UPVC Windows and Door Frames for Tonbridge, Sevenoaks & Rochester – Kent
- Double Glazed Windows and Double Glazing Supply Only to the Trade in Stanford le Hope & Upminster, Essex
- Double Glazed Windows, and Double Glazing Sales to the Trade in Tilbury & Grays, Essex
- Double Glazing – Ashford, Rochester, Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge, Sittingbourne, Orpington
- Double Glazing Essex & Suffolk
- Double Glazing – Bishops Stortford, Harlow, Cambridge
- Essex Trade Windows in Maldon, Danbury, Ingatestone & Chelmsford
- Fully Sculptured Window System Manufacturers, Astragal Proud Standing Georgian Bars for Double Glazed Windows in Chelmsford, Colchester & Braintree
- GRP Composite Doors in Chelmsford, Upminster & Brentwood
- GRP Composite Replacement Doors, Warp & Fade Resistant, Maintenance Free, Essex
- High Quality, Bespoke, GRP Composite Georgian Style Front & Back Doors, Basildon
- High Quality, Maintenance Free, Exterior Front & Back Doors, Billericay
- High Quality, Maintenance Free, Replacement Double Glazed Windows & Doors, Billericay
- Keyfree Locks for Norfolk, Suffolk & Essex
- Manufacturers & Installers of High Quality Grey & Black UPVC Windows & Doors in Billericay, Upminster & Epping.
- Manufacturers of Fully Sculptured Windows, Astragal Multi-Pane Georgian Bars for UPVC Double Glazed Windows in Billericay, Epping & Upminster
- PVCu & GRP Composite Doors in Billericay, Canvey Island & Grays
- PVCu Double Glazed Windows in Billericay & Wickford
- PVCu Double Glazed Windows in Canvey Island & Grays, Essex
- Quality Double Glazed Window Systems, Professionally Installed UPVC Windows, Billericay, Essex
- Replacement Double Glazed, Energy Efficient Window & Door Installation Contractors, Wickford
- Replacement Double Glazing in Chingford & Woodford
- Replacement Double Glazing UPVC Double Glazed Windows
- The Earliest Windows, Replacement Windows, Chingford, Essex
- Thermally Efficient Sliding & Standard Patio Doors, Wickford & Upminster
- Triple Glazed Windows for Brentwood Billericay & Chelmsford, Essex
- Triple Glazed Windows for Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex & Kent
- UPVC Doors – Chelmsford
- UPVC Double Glazed Windows & Composite Doors – Epping & Upminster
- UPVC Double Glazed Windows & Doors – Billericay & Brentwood
- UPVC Double Glazed Windows in the Hertfordshire area